Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Suyen's preps

7:30 AM - Breakfast with Tommee @ Zuzuni
I am not very superstitious about not seeing the bride/groom before the ceremony thing. The only reason I didn't see him during preps was because my entire look - gown, accessories, hair & make-up -was a surprise for him.

8:00 AM - finalizing stuff to bring to Discovery Shores
honeymoon clothes! *wink wink* haha just kidding. We just packed an overnight bag because we would be having a Trash-The-Dress shoot early the next morning.

9:00 AM - checking in our 1 Bedroom Premier Suite with Tommee
- our coordinator, Amanda Tirol, met up with us in the room to finalize payments and go over any last minute details & decisions (no more money! haha)

9:30 AM - Tommee left Suyen at Discovery Shores
Tommee: Bye Hun! I'll see you later at 5PM..
Suyen: Bye! don't leave me! haha

9:35 AM - Suyen checking out the Honeymoon/preps room (which was very very nice, by the way!) Sir Jun of Discovery Shores was nice enough to upgrade our junior suite to a 1-bedroom premiere suite - on the house! weeeeeeeee!

9:45 AM - Suyen going online to post in w@w
checking in & updating with my sisses even for just a short while =)

9:55 AM - Suyen going "nooninooninoo" (super bored) haha - even tried channel surfing but nothing good was on..

10 AM - *dingdong* yes! some company! - turns out it was the manicure/pedicure ladies. haha

11 AM - Hair & Make-up arrive - Princess Misa & team
Starts working on my Lola



I wasn't scheduled to start my hair & make-up until 2PM so I had a lot of time to kill. I watched TV for a bit but I couldn't concentrate. So I got some room service and had pasta for early lunch.
The hair stylists were actually working on my Lola at this time, because she is a tiny woman, you can't see her. haha

Writing my "love" note for Tommee's surprise wedding gift.
I tried my best to stay out of the sun days before the wedding (which was not easy considering I was at the beach 5 days before our wedding!). And because I could not completely help myself, I still got a bit of a tan playing football at the beach with my brothers. hehe


I love how our photographer, Jomel Gregorio, couldn't get enough of taking pics of my tattoo.
This tattoo is actually my brother's tattoo (which he designed himself). He passed away a few years ago and my brothers and I all got the same tattoo to commemorate him.
** Damn that string sticking out of my dress!


Super relaxed mode. I hope all brides could be as relaxed & worry-free as I was on our wedding day. It really does pay to do everything early and as soon as possible =) My prep dress was super comfortable, by the way. I got it for around P500 at Greenhills Tiangge. What a steal! Plus, I can wear it again =)

I found one of our bubble wands in my room (for the picture taking) and I decided to try them out (plus I was bored, remember? haha). Next thing I know, the photo & video crew were all around me taking pics & vids. I love the outcome of this little playtime of mine in all the pictures and our video. I was really happy that the bubble wands made really beautiful bubbles. It produced a lot of bubbles and wasn't watery inside the tube. I knew it was a good decision to get bubbles! They always make pictures (& videos) look so much fun! =)


Here's Ms. Princess with her daughter, Sarah, as my hairstylist. I was showing/reminding them the inspiration pic for my hair which was Charlize Theron's hair in Hancock. I got along well with Ms. Princess' daughter. She's a great girl to chat with. She sometimes helps her mom by being somewhat of a consultant giving suggestions and comments that would appeal to the younger brides. She was really helpful in finalizing my look because she was the one who fixed my hair even during the trial.


Here's my superwoman coordinator, Amanda, checking up on me (she took really good care of me. She was always asking me if I needed anything and making sure I was ok). She really did a great job! She was also getting the final decision on the tents because the weather was being moody, so we got the Discovery tents just to be sure. Or maybe she was asking me if I wanted something to drink? haha I don't remember.

Getting some color on my pasty face. =p haha During this time, I was getting impatient and anxious. I hate sitting still for a long period of time.
I was joking with my friends "ok na 'to! Let's go! (and then, in a mahinhin voice, pretending to be in front of the pastor already) I do..." hahahahaha

Consulting about the make-up with my bestfriend/Maid-of-Honor, Chris.
Suyen: Chris, do you think I still need to put on false eyelashes?


Chris: Overkill. Your eyelashes are already way too defined. I hate you.


* I have very thick lashes in the first place. She's always hated it because hers are so flimsy compared to mine.

I don't know why, but I enjoy the feel of make-up brushes on my face. Good thing Ms. Princess used really fancy ones!

Mayad Studios documenting my "magical transformation". haha
Sarah was actually attaching my hair extensions here. My brother, Bok, even asked me, "Sue? Is that all of your hair?" and I answered, "because we are being documented at this time, I choose to call it my MAGICAL hair." hahahaha


This was my rockstar moment! Everyone's eyes were on me while still finishing up on hair and make-up.. hehe

My entire family was chilling at the stairs at this time, waiting for me to finish up since they were all ready by then hence, the upward diagonal look. I think this picture is so great because it makes me look sweet, innocent, naive, angelic - which I'm totally not! hahahaha

Again, Amanda helping me out with my dress. She was like my mommy/assistant/cheerleader/psychiatrist that day. hahaha I love Amanda.

She is actually a big fan of my dress. She told me that if she could have another wedding dress, she would pick something like mine. I was so flattered! Her gown was made by Randy Ortiz!

Putting on diamond earrings which were a gift from my mom. yesssss! I look angelic here again. hahaha
When my friend saw this pic, she said, "ayos! parang ang bait mo ah?"
(Bakit? mabait naman ako ah? ahahaha)


Filming with Mayad Studios. I like this shot because it really shows how great my hair and make-up was that day. hehe
I wouldn't recommend using Stargazer lilies if your wedding will be in hot/humid weather. It is not meant to stand the heat. Amanda had to keep changing the stargazer lily in my hair 3 times because it kept wilting after a short time. (She had to keep changing the ones at the reception, too). She actually warned me of this, but stubborn me, insisted on it. I couldn't think of anything else to use because it is my favorite flower. I guess that was the Bridezilla-est thing for me. haha

Yikes! It's that time! I am walking towards the spot where I was supposed to wait for my cue to start walking down to the aisle. I was still wearing my slippers here that's why the pic doesn't include my feet. I took of my flip-flops as soon I got to the lounge area. Surprisingly, I wasn't nervous at all.. I couldn't wait to get to the lounge area so I could peek at the reception and ceremony set-up. haha

**p.s. I highly suggest hair & make-up start as early as possible, depending on your timeline. My massive amount of hair ended up taking longer than planned, so we were in a bit of a hurry during the pictorial right before the ceremony. Better to have an allowance of 1-1.5 hours before the ceremony so you have enough time for pictorials.

all photos by: Jomel Gregorio
Next up: Tommee & Suyen's wedding ceremony

7 comments:

  1. jusko sana i'll be as relaxed as you (if not as beautiful hahah) on my wedding day. kinda busy na these last few days before the big moment. miss you suyen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful ....... i like ure tatoo too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi dear, your pictures are so lovely! i love the hair and make-up. you look so calm and happy (sana ako rin ganun hehe). congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suyen! i loved the whole look! okay lang ba if i include your pic when I make a reference to the kind of hair that I want on my wedding day? :)) you looked angelic, calm and stunning at the same time. Hope I can say the same for myself in the future, hehe. Anyway, loved the fact that you were able to relax during your preps. galing talaga :) idol! :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suyen! Wonderful prep pictures! I had breakfast with Rogel before we started preps as well. When my coordinators arrived, Rogel was still in my room and they shooed him away, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! I really appreciate you taking the time to view and read my blog.. =)

    Helene: haha shooed him away..

    Camille: Sure Camille =) You can also use a picture of Charlize Theron from Hancock - that was my basis for my hair..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suyen,

    My name is Rose and I am also a Boracay bride next January 19. I have to say that your wedding was beautiful and I like how it was very simple. I got your blog through Amanda because she wanted me to take a look at your tent set-up. Although my question is about your accomidations. I know you had your reception at Discovery and I am as well, but did you just stay there for that one night or did you stay there for your entire trip? Thanks so much in advance. You can email me at sanjuan.rose@gmail.com Thank :) Rose

    ReplyDelete