Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tommee's preps

I am very proud to say that Tommee and I did not have anything to worry about on our wedding day - Thanks to our OC-ness and Amanda's help. =)

Tommee's preps started around 3PM.


Here he is chilling and watching TV in the suite with his Dad.

Relaxing while Suyen is drowning in make-up.

Tommee's preps in Discovery Shores Junior Suite.

White cotton long sleeves from Van Heusen.
(The texture of the shirt can't be seen in this picture, but I promise to look for the picture which shows the detail.)

Linen shirt + White undershirt + Custom-made linen pants = Tommee's attire


I set up a surprise wedding gift for Tommee. I loved the expression on his face when Amanda and her team presented it to him during his preps. I set-up the surprise by telling him a few months before the wedding that we should just not do wedding gifts since we were spending so much already. I didn't want him to get me anything because I felt the wedding itself was his gift to me. But I really wanted to get him something special.

I had Amanda wrap them up in turquoise japanese paper & black ribbon (same ribbon used for our flowers. haha)

I love how big his smile is while reading my note.

He just couldn't wait to open them up.

My wedding gift is actually a bunch of graphic novels that I started buying way back in December last year.

I think I got him a total of 1 dozen graphic novels.

Countdown to Final Crisis - Vol 1-4
This was the hardest for me to compile because I had to go to all the Fully Booked stores near my house a couple of days before we had to fly off to Boracay.

Here he is with one of his most wanted graphic novel - Superman Doomsday.

Superman: Peace On Earth - by one of our favorite artists, Alex Ross.

Calling up Suyen.

Tommee: I knew it! (Thanks to my brother, he got a hint that I was giving him a graphic novel, which I vehemently denied. In my defense, I didn't have A graphic novel, I had a lot of graphic novels. haha)

Which I explained here, hence, the super laugh/smile.

He just couldn't resist taking a sneak peek at them.

He had time to pose during preps.

Love the mirror thing.

He really had no worries. Can you tell?

I'm glad he had time to just lie down and chill because I didn't! haha

By the staircase.
Around this time, he was getting impatient and asking Amanda if we could just get married already. Amanda had to remind him that I wasn't even in my dress yet. haha

With his Bestmen - Rusty & Eric

Tommee with Papa Tom & Mama Adeling

As you can see, his outfit changed to just his linen pants & white long sleeves. Apparently, he underwent a couple of outfit changes because his bestmen, dad, and other family members were teaching him some fashion tips. - tucked, untucked, with undershirt, no undershirt, etc..
They eventually decided to go with no undershirt, untucked long sleeves. Also, in all the chaos before the beginning of the processional, he forgot to take off his slippers. (After reminding everyone to go barefoot. haha)

all photos by: Jomel Gregorio

Next up: Suyen's preps.

4 comments:

  1. aww! this is nice! now im getting the pressure of convincing Nico to stay in the same hotel as me for the preps so he could get his own preps shots. Pero walang tatalo sa HOT SHOTS mo, suyen! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sis,

    Nice wedding gift, and super personalized...I'm known your busy on your honeymoon pa, ccherish nyo pa and may unti hangover sa wedding but i'm have friendship award tag for you... take your time atleast i'm looking forward to have friendship for you... thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. kilig-kilig mode here...

    sissy thank you for the idea about wedding gifts..
    I am planning to give h2b also on our wedding day, I just do not know how to execute it..you know with all these things running my mind of his repatriation...

    Enjoy the honeymoon-- may it lasts until you grow old and gray together...

    muah!

    Lyn (Seafarer2bwed)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha...nice one, suyen! super sweet of u! ang kulit nakuha pa magbasa nung novels sa wedding day nyo! hehehe

    again, congrats & best wishes!

    Allan&Sha -w@w_

    ReplyDelete