Sunday, April 5, 2009

our super awesome wedding _____

This is one of my most-awaited things during the final month of the wedding preps..

I'll let Superman show you the teaser.. =)


(thanks Superman! He is part of Tommee's collection)

A little story before I present our wedding rings..

Even during the first few months of our wedding preps, Tommee and I would go online and search for wedding bands. We would swap images once in a while showing each other what we liked. 

At first, we were thinking, let's just go for the plain white gold band, the typical wedding band. But Tommee really liked this design from Tiffany & Co. :


(my, what expensive taste. haha) 
image source: tiffany.com

and at that time, I was thinking, "I wonder if he's actually gonna get me a Tiffany ring?" haha but seriously, at that point, I was OK with having the plain wedding bands because I wasn't into this design as much as he was.

Fast-forward to the February 2009. Tommee told me that it was time for us to scout and finally decide on the design so we could order and have it made through his friend's wife. I was quite happy to know that we would be able to get our rings with a discount =) So, we looked around the mall, going from one jewelry store to another. We finally decided to get this design for him (mine was just going to be the plain version i.e. no diamond for her a.k.a me):

14carat white gold band with satin middle finish and solitary diamond

We went to our 1st bridal fair at SM Megamall and we were supposed to make the downpayment already but Tommee postponed it saying we might be able to get it cheaper from his friend. So, I agreed and we went home without making any ring purchases. I guess it was fate that we didn't, because those are not our wedding rings.


From this picture, you can see Tommee's ring - it is exactly what he wanted. A plain, thick, white gold band with a solitary diamond. But my ring is quite different from what we intentionally planned to buy.

Let's go ahead to when we actually picked the rings and made the actual downpayment. 

A problem came up with having his friend make the rings for us. They admitted to us that the ring that we wanted made was not their forte, so they advised us to get it from someone who can make them the way we want them. (- now that is a true friend!)

Tommee and I decided to go to the next bridal fair and look for the previous rings that we were supposed to get. When we got there, we headed straight to the ring supplier that had the best design for us - Meicel Jewelry Shop. I thought their rings were very well made. 

When we got there, I was the one who pointed out the design of the rings that we had already picked out. Tommee started fitting his, and I fitted mine, too. I don't know what set it off for him, but I guess Tommee could tell that I wasn't as excited about the rings as he was. You see, I'm not really into jewelry that much. I don't even wear gold. The few jewelry I own are mostly silver and white gold. I like them simple and plain, nothing fancy. 
So, he asked me to try on this ring that he knew I had been eyeing every time we were checking out rings. After trying it on, he suddenly says "Get that one."  just like that. I was so pleased. Nope, sorry. I was not only pleased, I was ecstatic! But at the same time, I was hesitant because I knew it was going to cost more than our original rings. But he kept insisting and I did try to "argue" with him about it, he was adamant. "Get that one. I know that's what you really want." I wanted to cry right there and then! Because it was true, and he knew it! (I love that man!)

Anyway, before I babble on more than I already have, here are our wedding rings.

I wanted to tease you a bit more so I put a blurry pic haha

But seriously, here it is:

I apologize for the upside down shot but the engraving says:  Only You. Forever.

That man loves me. From a plain wedding band, he goes and gets me a white gold band with 11 freakin' diamonds in it!

Here was our discussion on the way to the car right after we purchased them:

Suyen: Thank you so much! I can't believe you bought that for me!
Tommee: I could tell that you really wanted it. Nakita ko mga mata mo nung tinry mo yung ring eh! Iba yung kinang ng mata mo eh! 
Suyen: hahahahaha you saw that?! but really, thank you thank you! I love my new bling!
Tommee: I know, that's why I got them. I want you to be happy with the ring. Alam ko kasi na "OK lang" sayo yung plain, pero iba talaga yung tingin mo dun sa bling eh! haha
Suyen: haha i love my new bling! i'm so happy! besides, it's all your fault why I suddenly wanted that design.
Tommee: good! wait! what?! how is it my fault?
Suyen: you got me an engagement ring full of bling, so it matches. haha
Tommee: now it's my fault?! haha ayos ka talaga! ako pa may kasalanan. loko kang babae ka!
Suyen & Tommee: hahahahahahahaha

we had to wait 1 month before we could pick them up, but waiting was so damn worth it!
Tommee loves his wedding ring. From the time we picked it up at the jewelry shop, he couldn't stop raving about it. As for me, I was uncharacteristically quiet because I was still trying to get the idea to sink in that he went ahead and bought me the most beautiful ring I could ever want. We really love our rings and we both couldn't get enough of it. We kept taking them out of the box and trying them on a couple of times. We had to force ourselves to lock them up already before they get old before the wedding. haha.  Those are rings we won't mind wearing forever.

We love our new blings!


4 comments:

  1. me loves your new bling too! hahaha! very very lovely talaga nya, pede ko ba hiram isang diamond? hahaah take care dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats congrats!!!

    i love your rings. kami siguro magiging challenge for the jeweller. kasi magkaiba kami totally ng gusto. at magkaiba yung bagay na rings. haha. bahala na si batman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apol: haha thanks dear =) baka hanapin pag nagkulang ng isa hahaha

    Fozzy: thank you! i'm sure makakahanap din kayo ng OK para sa inyo pareho.. nung una gusto ko pa pareho kami, kaya lang iba talaga trip namin pagdating sa ganon.. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe. Congrats! I could imagine that sparkle on your eyes...

    - ur fellow w@w sis.
    Jhan

    ReplyDelete