Friday, March 20, 2009

DIY beach buckets *update*

The DIY diva strikes again! haha 
gimme a break guys.. the wedding is a few weeks away.. I'm am trying to get everything done before the month ends so that by the time April comes around, I'm not cramming and stressing myself out.. 

Anyway, I made an entry before about the beach bucket I was using in lieu of the flower girl basket and the kiddie table "centerpieces".

At first, I wasn't sure what to do with the black and turquoise ribbons.. I first started just tying 1 black and 1 turquoise ribbon together on the side, but they turned out "blah" - so dull. It took me a couple of days to finally figure out what to do. I decided to wrap 1 of each color ribbon around the whole bucket. Wrapping it horizontally was quite boring, too, so I figured I'd wrap it diagonally. Then I added another set of ribbons tied on the side, so that's a total of 2 black and 2 turquoise ribbons on the side. I apologize for my sloppy photography, I'm feeling lazy to fix up the shots.. hehe 
*Although I did get frustrated with how the turquoise ribbon kept coming out as plain blue, but trust me, it's turquoise =) I'll get our official photographer to document this little detail haha

I got some cheap "sand-castle making tools" in the department store (Thanks SM/Toy Kingdom!). I thought the colors would clash with our motif, but I actually think it makes the buckets "pop". =)

Before I babble on and on, let me show you the final products!


This is the flower girl's beach bucket - she gets the actual "tools" - that was Tommee's idea. This will be filled with different shades of white petals.

The other 2 will be used as the kiddie table centerpieces



that little sailboat is so cute!

YEHEY! Another DIY to check off my checklist.. =)

next?

2 comments:

  1. hi suyen! this is a very nice idea. eye love the bukets! :D lapit na!

    ReplyDelete