Monday, March 30, 2009

not a bad weekend

Had a productive and fun weekend..

Saturday:

went to Page's (Tommee's niece) 7th grade graduation - didn't know that a batch of 120 girls would take about 3.5 hours of programme time.. got really hungry halfway through it.. but it was really great to see Page march on that stage.. looking forward to 4 years of major changes for this 14 year old ward of ours..

had lunch at Yuujin near Greenhills - really good japanese place, not too expensive but they have really big servings! you should check it out. It's at Wilson St. right beside Mercury Drug. Must try: Crazy Maki - awesome!
**loved their display of geisha dolls!

went to Kamuning to pick up TL's wedding attire.. unfortunately, we have to go back for his linen pants.. the cloth we bought for his pants wasn't enough so we had to buy another one.. although I did get to have my own linen pants made from his unused cloth.. hehe "free" pants!

went to greenbelt with Page & Heaven to buy Page's graduation gift.. a kick-ass pair of purple gradient Nike Dunks.. her eyes were all sparkly when she found out that that's what we were getting her..

TL got his monthly haircut and we ended up watching Monsters vs. Aliens with the kids. A short funny movie but is definitely for kids. We had a great time chilling with his nieces since we haven't been able to spend much time with them with all the wedding preps we've been doing..

Sunday:

Finally got to attend church after a couple of Sundays missed. Our officiating pastor for the wedding was the speaker. I always enjoy his sermons because not only do you learn from it, he entertains you along the way. That's actually why we decided to get him for the wedding.

Went to SM megamall afterwards and purchased a washer and another A/C for the house. The labandera will thank me for picking the automatic washer when she realizes that she's going to have to wash clothes for about 6 pairs of couples when my parents and brothers plus their wives come home for the wedding.
I will not go back to SM megamall to buy big purchases.. They took about 1 hour to process the things I bought. I had to use my international credit card to purchase and they were giving me a hard time asking for an international ID. I said I didn't have one but I never had a problem buying anything from SM Makati with that credit card and they never asked for an international ID from me. In the end, they processed it anyway. labo.

Anyway, we went straight to my Lola's house in Pasig to have lunch. While we were on the way:
Tommee: What's the food there? Is there enough food there for us? Do they know we're coming?
Suyen: I don't think you should worry about the food...
see, when my lola serves food for the family on Sundays, it's an all out affair.. the only thing missing is an actual buffet table because of the smorgasbord of food she serves.
On our way home:
Suyen: ayos ba food? nabusog ka ba?
Tommee: I think I just found my new Sunday tambayan - parang ayaw ako patigilin ni Lola sa pag-nguya!
(hahahahahaha)

When we got home, one of our Sunday rituals is to download the latest episode of Smallville and playing Justice League on PS2 while waiting for it. The episode was entitled Hex and it was pretty cool because Zatanna (The Mistress of Magic of JLA) was featured. (Tommee loves Superman, I love the Justice League hehe)

Anyway, we also finalized our guest list! YEY! and we were able to fix the seating arrangement, too.

Here's the "awesome" finale to our weekend- 
Right before dinner, when Tommee prepares our iced tea, he chops up big chunks of ice with a small but very sharp knife (I am definitely not a fan of this, I prefer having ice cube trays and have always been worried about him or anyone else in his family who does this). 
Wouldn't you know it, he SLICED his left thumb (very deeply, I might add) doing this last night! AAAAAHHHH!! There was blood all over the kitchen floor!
It's a good thing my mom is a nurse and I learned a couple of basic first-aid stuff. I did act quickly and told him to put pressure on the cut and ran all over the house to get gauze, betadine, tape etc.. Although I did get a little woozy from seeing all the blood (thing is, I have no problem when I'm the one with the gushing blood from wounds but when it's from other people, I get freaked out - good thing I didn't pursue being a doctor ahahaha).

and so, that was the finale of our weekend, Tommee with a big bandage on his left thumb:
Tommee: aaahh! my thumb hurts! it's throbbing and I'm not sure if it's because it's still bleeding.
Suyen (very calmly): you know why it's throbbing? 
Tommee: why?
Suyen: BECAUSE YOU JUST SLICED YOUR FINGER OPEN!
Tommee: oh..haha

I wonder what our married life would be like?? hahahaha

4 comments:

  1. hi, suyen. i attend ccf too and go on the 8:00am service. pastor vince is a funny guy and you are blessed to have him officiate your wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Macy. we attend the 8AM service, too.

    thanks! we really do feel blessed with our wedding.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you must be really excited now. ako excited for you eh hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Apol,

    i really am.. sometimes I still get moments like "i can't believe i'm getting married.. " haha

    ReplyDelete