Wednesday, February 11, 2009

all because of coffee and music

Tommee and I met at a coffee shop. That's right, Starbucks. It's such a common thing, meeting over coffee, but in our case, it wasn't that simple. You see, he was just your regular morning customer, and I, well, I was the barista. That's right folks, I was your friendly neighborhood barista.

We met on my first day on the job. My shift supervisor, Weng, was introducing me to all his customers. Apparently, Tommee was one of the regular customers. Arriving the same time, around 7AM, from Monday to Friday, ordering a tall brewed coffee, every single day. I smiled and said hello, he smiled and said hi. Then he turns to his office mates and says "Now, we have a reason to go here every day!" and he gets laughs all around. I just smiled sweetly but in my head, I was thinking "Great. Gago and makulit, so early in the morning." So, everyday, I encountered him at 7AM. He would make small talk and I would be nice and chat with him a bit since he was one of the first people in the store and no one else would be around yet. I didn't notice at first, but it seemed like he was coming in earlier than usual after some time. Instead of arriving at 7AM when the store is open and ready, he started coming in around 6:45AM when I was still in the midst of opening the store. He would chat with me while I'm cleaning and fixing things and I didn't think anything of it (Mostly because I tend to be closed-off with guys when I have a boyfriend. That's right, at that time, I was in a relationship). He would come and see me everyday, sometimes even twice or thrice a day. One day, I saw him looking like he didn't get enough shut-eye and he asked me what he should get to wake him up. I told him to get a Triple tall Americano. He ended up liking it and never ordered anything else from then on. There was a time when he sang to me in front of so many customers. If I remember correctly, it went something like this "Everytime I see you, my life turns upside down..". I was so shocked and I ended up blushing and laughing because no one's ever done something like that for me before. After some time, his greeting for me turned from "Hi, good morning!" to "Good morning, beautiful!" As much as I hate to admit it, I actually started to look forward to our morning chats.

Fast forward to September 2008. By this time, I was single for a month already, but I wasn't telling anyone except for my close friends. For some reason, I noticed that Tommee was gone for almost a week. It was already Thursday when I realized it and I decided to text him and asked him why I hadn't seen him the past few days. His reply was "Why? Do you miss me?" and I really did and I told him that. Next day, he was back at 645AM ordering his Triple tall Americano. 

Just before the end of September, he suddenly gave me a mixed CD. I asked him why he picked those songs for me, but he wouldn't explain it to me through text or chat. He asked me out for coffee (We went to Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf  haha) so he could explain the CD. and that's actually when it all really began..

Here's the list of the songs in that CD:
- Makes Me Wonder by: Maroon 5
- The Takeover, The Break's Over by: Fall-out Boy
- Ever The Same by: Rob Thomas
- Accidentally In Love by: Counting Crows
- Signal Fire by: Snow Patrol
- Somewhere In The Midde by: Dishwalla
- Here Without You by: 3 Doors Down
- Sugar by: Tonic
- Lips of An Angel by: Hinder
- Far Away by: Nickelback
- Look After You by: The Fray
- Take Me Away by: Lifehouse
- Dance Inside by: The All-American Rejects
- Bartender by: T-Pain feat. Akon

I let my best friends meet him 2 days later (not what I usually do, but what the heck). 

Not even a month after, we were officially together. 

Not even half a year in the relationship, we decided to get married. 

All thanks to coffee and music..

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. This is really sweet. I love Starbucks coffee too and I have so many fond memories with/bec of starbs coffee. Now i long to meet you for coffee :D

    Kumi

    ReplyDelete