Tuesday, February 17, 2009

for love of pretty shoes

I don't know if it was a mistake or not, but I ended up throwing out/giving away some of my old shoes because I had to do major "spring" cleaning when I got back to Manila. My dad was bugging me to get rid of the stuff I don't use anymore since I was moving out in a few months. It was easy to part with the clothes I've outgrown (literally), but parting with my shoes.. it hurt. 

You see, on normal days, I am your typical sneakers or flip-flops wearing person, but I am a complete shoe whore. I have all kinds of shoes and just because I can be boyish and very laid-back with my style, I do love pretty shoes. My personal mantra is, "if I'm gonna wear heels, I'm wearing stilettos!" And so, I have a collection of stilettos in my shoe closet - surprising, shocking even, to some of my friends. I don't know when I started wearing heels, but I do know that whenever I get new stilettos, I break them in by running or jogging in them. Don't worry, I only do it around our village (haha).

Anyway, the point of this blog is to show off my latest babies:

Nine West Reedy in Black Satin

I heart Nine West. I always go to their stores in High Street and Glorietta just to see if there's anything new I should be saving up for. Actually, there is, but that deserves its own post. =)

Going back to my new babies, I actually got them back in California. My mom, a shoe-holic herself, went to an outlet mall and as soon as we got there, we headed straight into the Nine West outlet. My dad started to follow us but when he realized where we were going, he did a 180 and went to some other store. (I had no idea where he went for the next 30 minutes because I was too busy drooling over all the shoes) My mom went to the other side of the store to scout for some boots while I was just drooling over everything. Then I saw those babies and I went nuts! I checked the price and wouldn't you know it, it was 50% off! woohoo!! My mom ended up buying herself awesome boots that were 75% off (sorry, I'll try to ask for a picture from her) and buying the strappy stilettos for me. Thanks Ma!

If I needed shoes for my wedding, I would definitely wear these! =)


Photos courtesy of my point & shoot Canon Ixus 60

2 comments:

  1. lovely shoes, i must say. im not really a fan of heels though, kasi "nalulula" ako. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty shoes! i love nine west!!!

    ReplyDelete