Monday, February 16, 2009

flora

I'm not really a flower person. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like them, I'm just not as appreciative of them as most women are. But there is one flower that never fails to make me go "ooooh, pretty" and that's the stargazer lily. I guess it's perfect for me because I love star shapes, and obviously, these are star-shaped flowers. Hence, the name. 




When our coordinator asked me what flowers we were going to use for the wedding, I didn't hesitate (even if I knew that it would be risky to use them during the summer) and asked for stargazers. Even if we had a bluish-theme, I really had no plans of using blue flowers whatsoever.



But I couldn't use just stargazers - they're more expensive than the usual- I needed something to fill it out when used for the guest tables. So I finally landed on the idea of using simple white carnations for all the decorations, and for my bridal bouquet. My maids of honor will have a miniature version of my bouquet. 





Tommee's bouttonierre will just be a small white carnation (obviously, a stargazer would be to gigantic. haha)




No comments:

Post a Comment