Wednesday, February 18, 2009

THE DRESS

Sorry to burst your bubble so early, but like I said, I won't be able to (ok, I don't wanna haha) to post my actual dress design because I want it to be surprise until the actual wedding day. But I will give you the inspirations behind it. I spent hours and hours browsing through hundreds of dresses since June 2008 and I only finalized my dress around November/December 2008.


Christos


Melissa Sweet


Vera Wang


Junko Yoshioka

Peter Langner

Badgley Mischka

As you can see, I prefer the grecian-inspired, long & flowy dresses. The main basis for my dress is the one by Junko Yoshioka, but with the flow of the dress from Melissa Sweet and Peter Langner. I initially wanted a strapless dress since it will be a beach wedding, but the diva in me wanted something different & unique (besides, my sister-in-law wore a strapless dress for her wedding just last year), I opted for an asymmetrical strap. At first, I wanted a simple colored belt to match my color motif, but when I found these dresses, I said, "forget it! let my maids of honor wear the belts!" (haha).

I had my measurements taken last January 15, and I am now waiting for the seamstress to call me up for my first fitting. My dress will have a satin lining and a silk chiffon overlay. I can't wait to see what it looks like! Let's hope she can pull off what I asked for.

Images from theknot.com, google images, brides.com


2 comments:

  1. me likey Vera Wang!! that and Christos would look amazingly perfect on you, dear ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. saw your link on the W@W group...

    love the pegs sis! ang ganda. it's going to look sublime on a beach. the flow of the Badgley Mischka is sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete