Tuesday, February 17, 2009

hair & make-up

First of all, I'm not much of a make-up person. Don't get me wrong, I do wear make-up, just not much. I have a very basic make-up ritual that includes concealer, powder, blush, clear mascara, and strawberry chapstick. I prefer to spend on skin care. I have stocks of moisturizers and eye creams, I could be a toiletry store (like I said, I'm OC/girl scout). But, I know that I'll be needing a hair & make-up artist for the big day because it's gonna be a long day and I don't want to look like crap with my normal make-up melting on my face. Besides, I'm gonna have my picture taken a bajillion times on that day, I have to look awesome! (haha)
As for my hair, well, I hate to admit this, but I hardly brush my hair. I tend to either just let it be or tie it up - I guess this is partly due to the fact that I grew up with 6 brothers and was quite a tomboy when I was younger.

Anyway, I wanted a soft, angelic/goddess - like make-up (if possible, haha) for my wedding. I wanted it to complement my dress which is grecian-inspired. As much as I would love to show the picture, I have to keep it a secret for now because I don't want Tommee to see the dress. All I can show you is the hairstyle I'm going for because in my excitement in finding this, I blabbed and shared it with him. (me and my big mouth). I wanted something like this:

Photos from Google Images
This is actually Charlize Theron (i love her) from the movie Hancock. I've always liked this hairstyle, and I knew I wanted this from the very start, and it's so great that it fits my dress, too!

I actually had 2 THMUs (trial hair and make-up). I had a different artist for my prenuptial/engagement photoshoot but since I wasn't that happy with it, I decided to look for a different artist. It was a challenge for me to find my make-up artist because I specifically wanted to get airbrush make-up (rather than the traditional make-up). Since I will be married at the beach on a summer afternoon/evening, I knew I needed my make-up to stay intact the whole time. I don't remember why or how I discovered it, but someone told me that airbrush make-up is recommended for beach weddings. 

Anyway, I found Princess Misa through the W@W group of Brides & Grooms-to-be. I called her up to inquire about her rates and she immediately e-mailed me her rates. When I did the computation for everything (package, out-of-town fee, airfare, accommodations, & meals), I found that it was really reasonable. Plus, she was nice enough to give me a discount, even before booking her. I discussed it with Tommee and he immediately agreed (He knew how unhappy I was with my first trial make-up). I set-up my trial make-up with her but as it happened, Tommee couldn't go with me because he was so busy with work. But that was a blessing in disguise because my session went so well that I wanted to keep it a surprise for him. So that when he sees me on our wedding day, he'll be (hopefully) pleasantly surprised. My friends loved the outcome and hired her to do their make-up, as well. I guess that means I made a good choice. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment