Wednesday, February 11, 2009

location, location, location


When we decided to get married, this was what we were doing right before..

I'm not sure if you can tell, but it didn't look like we were gonna have a life-changing talk then.. 

Ever since I was a little girl, I knew that I wanted to get married on the beach.. I don't know where I got the idea, but I really never pictured myself getting married in a church. I didn't know how that was going to work out since I was Catholic, but I just said I'll figure it out (haha). I couldn't believe it when Tommee told me that he wanted a beach wedding, too! We decided to have a beachfront wedding (we're allowed to do this because Tommee has been a Christian since he was young, while I have been a baby Christian since May 2008).. YEY! (another sign I was meant to be with this guy, I guess haha)

We had no qualms about having it in Boracay. We love Boracay enough to vacation there twice in less than a year, so why not?

2 days of our Boracay vacation was spent scouting out hotels & resorts for a wedding venue and checking out wedding packages..

We checked out the FF places:
- Boracay Regency
- Boracay Mandarin
- Friday's Resort
- Waling-Waling
- Pearl of the Pacific
- Discovery Shores

We actually never considered Discovery Shores as a venue because we honestly thought that there wasn't anything special about it from the front, but whatever made us go in there and ask, we will be grateful for. When we entered their lounge/dining area, I finally saw why they charge people that much to stay there.. It was beautiful inside, just unimposing outside. Out of all the wedding packages, we thought they had the best deal to offer, besides, we initally clicked with their events coordinator, Gel Sunga.

so there, not even a week after deciding to get married, we already had our location.




No comments:

Post a Comment