Thursday, February 19, 2009

yey centerpiece!

With all the major suppliers and details out of the way, I have been busy taking care of the little details of the wedding. Just a little refresher - this is my inspiration for our centerpieces:


Image credit: JapaneseWeddingFavors.com

If I haven't mentioned it, I happen to be a fan of Japanese art/culture. You should see my bedroom, it is definitely japanese-themed. I have a low queen size bed, a collection of geisha dolls, Japanese lanterns as my lamps, and a few antique paintings from Japan. I even have an authentic antique Japanese scroll. I will blog about that some other time.

Anyway, back to the centerpieces. So I've been going around looking for black trays and I tell you, they're not easy to find. I had a budget in mind because I needed 20 pieces and I wasn't willing to spend so much on them. I actually found some in SM but it was double my intended budget. Tommee was actually willing to buy it already, but I told him to give me more time and I will find inexpensive trays. (What is wrong with me? Did I actually turn down a way to make my wedding preps easier? haha)

I went to Divisoria hoping to find them there, but when I got there, I couldn't find any. One of the sales ladies told me to go to Quiapo and I'll surely find the wooden trays I was looking for. She was right! (Thank you ate, whoever you are!)

Although they are not exactly like the trays in the picture, I was happy enough with this: 



But it's not black! I know, I know. But I have a plan! I was telling the girl who sold me this what I intended to do with them and she was nice enough to tell me that all I needed to do was paint it and/or varnish it and it will turn out nice and dark. She actually offered to do it for me for extra charge (of course!), but Tommee and I know someone who can do that for us, so I declined. So, that's actually Tommee's next To Do project. I was especially happy because, not only did I finally find well-made wooden trays, I got them really cheap. Way less than my intended budget. YEY! Besides, I plan to use them for our house after the wedding (unless my relatives decide to take them home with them.. haha)

2 comments:

  1. where sa Quiapo sis, sa ilalim ng tulay ba ha, or near the Church? Am glad you found it! Quiapo talaga is good for cheap finds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annalyn, yup, I found it sa ilalim ng tulay =) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete