Monday, February 16, 2009

it's all in the details..


I didn't have to worry about getting a cake supplier because our wedding package from Discovery Shores included a 3-tiered wedding cake. One of their early requirements for me was the design of the cake to see if it was doable. Because I didn't want anything too extravagant, I thought we could just spruce up a plain wedding cake with stargazer lilies. I saw these online and thought it was OK but somehow, I didn't really wanna settle for OK.



Even if it's just a cake, I wanted it to make a statement. 

Then I saw this cake in one of my numerous wedding magazines - 


I fell in love with the design. It's so simple yet elegant but not too much.

Our cake will be a 3-tiered square cake with chocolate fondant and our monogram (more on that later) will be in white icing. Tommee is not a big fan of desserts, unlike moi. Most of the time, he doesn't eat dessert unless it's chocolate, so our wedding cake will be chocolate (no complaints here! who doesn't love chocolate?)






No comments:

Post a Comment