Monday, February 16, 2009

I miss SF

I was in San Francisco for 4 months right after Tommee and I decided to get married. I admit it was really hard because our relationship was still so new (We've only been together for 7 months when I had to leave for the US.) Other than wedding preparations through internet and e-mails, I kept myself busy by being a tourist - I've been to San Francisco before, but I never really had the chance to go sightseeing much.

Here are some pics:



This one I took with my phone, so the resolution is a bit low. This is the marina, where Annie (my cousin) and I would walk to sometimes from their place (which takes us about 20 minutes to walk to, considering it's a mix of up and downhill blocks).



This is me with my nephew, Spanky, at Fisherman's wharf, where all the old ships/submarines are. We decided to explore the submarine used back in WWII. Some parts were actually freaky and scary. They were dark and if you're claustrophobic, you would not want to be there.



Penguins!! I admit this was the highlight of my visit to the San Francisco Zoo. They were so cute and so lively. The only downside was that the whole area smelled like fish. haha. I tried to take a video of one penguin swimming, but he was too fast for me!



Notice the sweater and scarf -  it was freezing but nothing could have stopped me from going to Golden Gate park and watching Radiohead live (Later on, I had on a jacket over my sweater, then a coat over my jacket - yes, it was that freaking cold!).  Again, I'm with my Spanky. I was his babysitter then, too. He's only 13 but he's already way taller than me. I need to get that weight back, I look healthy haha - I lost all that weight when I got back here in the Philippines.



I love this picture with another one of my nephews, Nolan. Because his mom and dad were working all the time, and Auntie Suyen had a lot of free time on her hands, she ended up as Nolan's babysitter. I loved taking care of Nolan! He's such a sweet and happy kid. He's not picky about food and doesn't cry much. I hope my own kid will be just as sweet and happy like him. (awww.. i miss nolan)

I think that's it for sharing time. Until my next installment..


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link, Sis. Nice to read your stories from here. Good luck with the preps. You ahve a very romantic venue, am sure your wedding would be very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete